As a result of my wife Betty's involvement with PMRF, I had started with walking dogs a few years ago. I would also repair the kennel doors sometimes when the dogs would damage them from wanting to get out.
Volunteer for PMRF
Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew
Volunteer of the Month - Cam B
Pawsitive Match is 100% volunteer based and therefore we rely on our volunteers to operate. We greatly appreciate any and all of the help we receive.
You can help by volunteering your time and energy with us by fostering a dog, fundraising, advertising, training, grooming, transporting, helping out the adoption and foster committees, or whatever else your talent may be. We always need the help of people who can help bake, sew and build.
We can always use help from WestJet employees to transport dogs from Los Angeles and various other locations. We would also be grateful for any buddy passes donated. If you are able to help, please send us an email.
We are always looking for flight escorts flying with Westjet, Air Transat or Alaska Airlines to help dogs get to (or across) Canada to begin their new lives. By escorting a dog, you're not only saving that precious life, but the one who can be saved because of the freed up space at the shelter! Visit our Flight Escort page for more info.
Apply to Volunteer
For more information on the positions currently available or general volunteering questions, please contact the Volunteer Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you've made the decision to volunteer with us, great! Please fill out and submit the application below.
Listed below are the main groups within Pawsitive Match. Volunteers are always needed to care for the dogs at our temporary holding facility (Cambrian), foster, transport or help out at events. You do not necessarily need to commit to fulfill a full position and all of the duties required, and there may be more than one person assigned to each position.
- Adoption Committee
- review of adoption applications
- communication with potential applicants
- coordinating meet & greets
- reference checks
- home visits
- Foster Committee
- review of foster applications
- communication with potential foster homes
- home visits
- follow ups
- Medical Committee
- medical requisitions for vet visits
- pet insurance administration
- keep track of incoming medical records
- ensure dogs receive required medical attention
- Shelter Committee
- help care for dogs & cats currently being housed at the Almost Home shelter (NE Calgary off 32nd Ave)
- care for cats in the cat room
- walk, feed, water & play with dogs
- daily shifts available are: 8am, 12pm (noon), 7pm
- our greatest need is for am and noon weekday shift
- Volunteer Committee
- communicate with all new volunteer applications
- maintain volunteer spreadsheet (input volunteer info etc..)
- communicate with volunteers when various committees request a certain need
- Supplies/Donations Committee
- work with Supplies & Donations Coordinator to keep track of supplies in foster homes
- possibly store some supplies
- help with pick up or drop off of supplies
- request donations when needed
- Transport Committee
- vet trips if foster cannot take a dog
- donation pick ups
- transport dogs to events
- airport runs
- transport dogs & supplies to/from Edmonton
- Marketing Committee
- online advertising of events, dogs available for adoption
- creating and distributing posters
- event help (set up, organize, marketing)
- Overnight and Emergency Fosters (short term only)
- provide temporary care of dogs/puppies upon arrival into our rescue