Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew
Pawsitive Match is 100% volunteer based and therefore we rely on our volunteers to operate. We greatly appreciate any and all of the help we receive.
You can help by volunteering your time and energy with us by fostering a dog, fundraising, advertising, training, grooming, transporting, helping out the adoption and foster committees, or whatever else your talent may be. We always need the help of people who can help bake, sew and build.
Traveling to Mexico?
If you are planning a trip down to Cabo San Lucas, La Paz or Cancun, Mexico, you could help by rescuing dogs first hand! If you are able to help transport dogs back to Canada, email us and we can provide you with more information. You don't have to organize anything - we coordinate volunteers at the airports at both ends of your trip who manage all of the details.
As well, we often collect dog crates here in Calgary that belong to the shelters we work with. When dogs are flown up, they are flown up in crates, however, it is difficult to get these crates back to Mexico. With your help, we can ship disassembled crates and supplies back to the shelter allowing us to help save more dogs. Crates are extremely difficult to find in Mexico, and if they are found, they are very expensive for the shelter to purchase. If you are able to help, please send us an email.
We can always use help from WestJet employees to transport dogs from Los Angeles and various other locations. We would also be grateful for any buddy passes donated. If you are able to help, please send us an email.
Apply to Volunteer
For more information on the positions currently available or general volunteering questions, please contact the Volunteer Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you've made the decision to volunteer with us, great! Please fill out and submit the application below or download an application and email it to email@example.com.
Listed below are the main groups within Pawsitive Match. Volunteers are always needed to care for the dogs at our temporary holding facility (Cambrian), foster, transport or help out at events. You do not necessarily need to commit to fulfill a full position and all of the duties required, and there may be more than one person assigned to each position.
- Adoption Committee
- review of adoption applications
- communication with potential applicants
- coordinating meet & greets
- reference checks
- home visits
- Foster Committee
- review of foster applications
- communication with potential foster homes
- home visits
- follow ups
- Medical Committee
- medical requisitions for vet visits
- pet insurance administration
- keep track of incoming medical records
- ensure dogs receive required medical attention
- Cambrian Committee
- help care for dogs currently being housed at our vets office in the central NW
- walk, feed, water & play with dogs
- daily shifts available are: 8-9am, 12-1pm, 6-7pm
- Volunteer Committee
- communicate with all new volunteer applications
- maintain volunteer spreadsheet (input volunteer info etc..)
- communicate with volunteers when various committees request a certain need
- Supplies/Donations Committee
- work with Supplies & Donations Coordinator to keep track of supplies in foster homes
- possibly store some supplies
- help with pick up or drop off of supplies
- request donations when needed
- Transport Committee
- vet trips if foster cannot take a dog
- donation pick ups
- transport dogs to events
- airport runs
- transport dogs & supplies to/from Edmonton
- Marketing Committee
- online advertising of events, dogs available for adoption
- creating and distributing posters
- event help (set up, organize, marketing)
- Overnight and Emergency Fosters (short term only)
- provide temporary care of dogs/puppies upon arrival into our rescue